Business type: boutique hotel
R&D Project: development of hospitality and new takes on traditional menu items.
Number of years claimed for: 2 years
Total Value of Claim after fees: £10026.06
The R&D tax credit scheme is an HMRC incentive created to inspire and reward limited companies for their innovation and development of their industry.
If you are a UK based utility reseller that has spent time and money for innovation and product development, you may be eligible to claim R&D tax credits. At OnPoint Accounting, we have experience dealing with HMRC, we speak their language in our reports and can use our expertise to explain the HMRC regulations to you to make the whole process easy and simple.
Examples of qualifying activities:
- Making an existing product taste the same, but with lower sugar or salt content
- Creating a new gluten-free or vegan product range and developing new menu
- Developing an enhanced process to produce a certain product
- Creating new design and construction techniques
- Creating new database to monitor how well a new dish is doing
- Creating and developing technology or equipment that reduces waste, pollution or improves efficiency
What can be claimed?
- Direct staff costs
- Raw materials/ingredients
OnPoint Accounting step-by-step R&D process:
- 15min R&D discovery call – a call to discuss your business operations and check if you qualify for R&D tax credits.
- Accounts review meeting – our R&D expert will arrange a meeting with you to look into your accounts and determine what exactly can be claimed.
- Generating a claim report – we will create a detailed report for your claim ensuring HMRC understand your objectives and justification for your R&D claim.
- Submitting your claim to HMRC – once you are happy with your technical report, we will submit it to HMRC.
- Receiving your funds – it will normally take up to 6 weeks for you to receive your claim amount provided the claim is successfully processed.